Activity lead: Geert-Jan Houben and Martin Gaedke
The purpose of ISWE is the promotion of science and research in the entire field of Web Engineering. The Steering Committee works towards this goal by endorsing, managing, supporting, and organizing Web Engineering related professional and scientific events, such as conferences, conventions, seminars, talks and related exhibitions.
The Steering Committee's main responsibility is ISWE’s major conference: the International Confernece on Web Engineering (ICWE). The ICWE conference series aims to promote research and scientific exchange related to engineering content for the web, and to bring together practitioners, researchers, and those who want to learn more about Web Engineering.
The current mission of the Steering Committee is to ensure the continuation of the International Conference on Web Engineering and to control its quality.
Call for ICWE Conference Organisation Proposals
Teams interested in organizing ICWE are invited to submit a proposal to
ISWE (the deadline for submitting a bid for a conference is usually 15th of April of the previous year) - please contact us for the ICWE conference bid kit. The proposal should include details about the
proposed venue and time, about the venue's reachability, about the composition of the organization team
(chairs), about the background and experience of the organizing team, about
the support through a local organizing team, about the financial plans, about a rough estimate of participation costs in terms of trip, food, and lodging, about the network accessibility, and
about the related (local) events that will be organized in connection with
the conference. The conference will be conducted in English only and will include an ISWE members meeting.
Please submit your proposal (based on the bid kit) to host the ICWE conference to: events @ iswe-ev.de.
Via the same address it is also possible to contact previous organizers and chairs and ask for their suggestions and recommendations.
Current work focuses on the following milestones:
- April 14, 2008: Bids for ICWE 2009 closed.
- April 23, 2009: Bids for ICWE 2010 closed.
- April 29, 2010: Bids for ICWE 2011 closed.
- May 1, 2011: Bids for ICWE 2012 closed.
- Bids open for ICWE 2013 - Deadline: April 15, 2012
- Bids are also open for ICWE 2014 and later
Where: Berlin, Germany
Members of the Activity
- Paul Dantzig, IBM Research-Hawthorne, NY, USA
- Piero Fraternali, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Christopher Brooks, Universtiy of San Francisco, USA
- Martin Gaedke, Chemnitz University of Technology
- Geert-Jan Houben, TU Delft, the Netherlands
- Nora Koch, LMU, Muenchen, Germany
- David Lowe, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Oscar Pastor, Universidad Politecnica Valencia, Spain
- Daniel Schwabe, PUC-Rio, Brazil
- Bebo White, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, USA
Luis Olsina, Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, Argentina
Oscar Diaz, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Gustavo Rossi, LIFIA, Argentina
San Murugesan, Southern Cross University, Australia